Owning an antique silk area rug that has been in the family for generations means having to pay extra attention to its maintenance, if you want to enjoy it for many more years to come. Unfortunately, accidental spills happen frequently, especially in households with pets and small children. This is why it is critical to be able to rely on expert cleaners who can thoroughly clean restore, fix, and maintain all types of silk rugs and silk carpeting.
Whether you own brand new silk rugs that you have paid a small fortune for and you would like to learn how to care for them, you need a stubborn stain removed or you need complex silk rug restoration work on an old rug, we are here to assist you.
Why Hire Us To Clean Your Silk Rugs?
- We are IICRC-certified, experienced, and possess vast knowledge and know-how in the rug cleaning industry. We know exactly how to tackle any type of silk rug and carpeting that reaches us, no matter how old or new, naturally dyed or covered in synthetic dyes, hand-woven or machine-made.
- We work with the freshest and safest cleaning products in the industry and we focus on eco-friendly, on-toxic silk rug cleaning, repair, and restoration solutions.
- We cater to the needs of both residential and commercial clients.
- We can save you precious time, energy, and money on rug replacement.
- Our team provides comprehensive and free price estimates that should help you get a clear view of what to expect from us.
Professional Silk Rug Cleaning Services We Specialize In
Silk area rugs are sensitive and require special care and maintenance. In general, silk fibers tend to be highly vulnerable to various actions. On the other hand, silk in itself is one of the sturdiest fabrics. Without a doubt, this paradox alone is enough to raise plenty of questions regarding the most suitable cleaning methods that would best match these rugs.
With us, all of these questions will find clear and precise answers. Our skilled carpet cleaning technicians are familiar with all the ins and outs of silk area rug manufacturing and weaving processes and they know the exact particularities of this select type of and craftsmanship.
This would make them the best people for any cleaning or restoration job with a zero-damage policy. It only takes a single improper cleaning technique or the wrong stain-removal product to wreak havoc on your beloved silk rugs. To prevent these risks and many others, we have worked at a flawless silk rug cleaning routine:
Silk Rug Assessment
We use special assessment tools
Our experts will use a magnifying glass, special lighting, and other assessment tools that will allow them to determine what kind of fabrics and fibers have been used during the weaving, the nature of the dyes, the nature and degree of the damage in case of staining, and so on.
We carefully examine the color dyes
They will also decide whether the rug has been dyed using natural, plant-based dyes that could bleed during the washing, or synthetic color dyes that may also start to run when water and other cleaning products are in use.
We look for additional fibers and fabrics in the rug
Whenever our technicians will come across nylon or wool intertwined with the natural silk fibers, they will need to use a different approach for vacuuming, washing, removing stains, and drying the rugs.
The Silk Rug Cleaning Procedure
- We proceed by vacuuming both sides of the rugs, several times, as needed. This will ensure all traces of dirt, dust, and residual debris will be removed, repairing the rug for the washing step.
- We use delicate, environmentally-friendly, non-harmful stain removal products ad apply them on any visible stains and spots on the rugs. We only work with top-quality stain removers that will ensure no damage will be done to the structure of the fibers, the original colors and patterns, and the overall strength and durability of the rug.
- The next step of the process refers to the actual washing, which is never done at a high temperature because of the potentially harmful effect of hot water on a silk rug.
- Using water at a regular temperature, we will proceed to wash the rug using very gentle scrubbing and washing moves and delicate brushes and finally let the rug sit in a temperature-controlled room to dry.
- We can also apply special deodorizing treatments that will leave your freshly washed rugs smelling fresh and brand new for a few weeks.
Silk Rug Restoration and Repair Solutions
Besides cleaning silk rugs, we also handle manual restoration services for broken fringes, damaged or missing yarn, and other specific structural problems that your silk rug might be suffering from. Our silk rug restoration services are suitable for all types of Oriental silk rugs, including Persian, Turkish, and Chinese rugs.
Affordable Silk Rug Cleaning Services
Our team is ready to provide you with free, fully transparent, and comprehensive silk rug cleaning, repair, and restoration price estimates over the phone or in person. Give us a call, provide us with a few details concerning the services you would like to hire us for and we will prove to you why we are the number one silk rug cleaner in town!